How to Care For Your Mini Kennels Puppy
At Mini Kennels we do our best in insure that you receive a healthy happy puppy. We expect you to provide the proper care to insure that your puppy remains healthy and happy. Following are some guidelines to help you with this expectation.
1. Puppies grow at a fast rate and will not over eat while they are growing. Be sure your puppy has food and water available at all times. Puppies, like babies, need more sleep than adult dogs. Be sure your puppy has adequate quiet time to rest esp. in that first week or two of adjusting.
2. If for any reason your puppy becomes sick or goes off its feed, contact your veterinarian or Mini Kennels immediately to get help. Hypoglycaemia is a common problem with puppies, especially in the first weeks with the stress of adjusting to a new home. This is not a disease, but a condition caused by stress and not eating enough to keep the blood sugar up to normal levels. It is very treatable if attended to promptly. Be aware of the symptoms and the treatment. Here is a great website to help you become informed. http://www.ehow.com/about_5202704_signs-hypoglycemia-puppies.html
3. Keep your puppy’s vaccination schedule up to date. Vaccines should be administered in a series of three, given 3-4 weeks apart. Normally we do them at 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age.
4. If you need to take advantage of our Mini Kennels Guarantee we expect you to: a) communicate with us openly and honestly regarding the problem you are having with your puppy as soon as you recognise that there is a problem and b) consult with your veterinarian to get an accurate diagnosis of the problem to determine whether it is covered by our guarantee or not. Note – the vet bill is your responsibility, not ours.
5. Remember, we are here to support you and your puppy for as long as you need us. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns we can help you with. Together, we can give your puppy his/her best chance of a long and happy life.